What are the best small evergreen trees for your garden?
One of the main benefits of having an evergreen tree in your garden is that it provides year-round interest. Evergreen trees are also great for privacy and can provide shade in summer. When choosing an evergreen tree for your garden, it's important to consider the size of the tree and the amount of space you have available. Small evergreen trees are perfect for gardens and backyards where space is limited.
Some of the best small evergreens for Australian gardens and backyards include
1. Magnolia Grandiflora
2. Tristonopsis Luscious
3. Fraxinus Griffithii
When selecting an evergreen tree for your garden, it's important to choose a species that is suited to your climate and soil type. Please contact us if you are not sure.
Once you've found the perfect evergreen tree for your garden, be sure to give it the proper care and attention. Here are a few tips:
- Water regularly during dry periods.
- Apply a layer of mulch around the base of the tree to help retain moisture and suppress weed growth.
- Fertilise in early spring and late autumn with a slow release native fertiliser.
- Prune annually to maintain shape and encourage new growth.
Evergreen trees can be used in a variety of ways in your garden design. Here are a few ideas:
- Plant evergreen trees along property boundaries to create natural privacy screens.
- Use evergreen trees as specimen plants to add interest and height to your garden beds.
- Plant evergreen trees near outdoor living areas to provide shade and shelter from the sun and wind.